What is a B12 Injection?
Vitamin B12 is a water soluble vitamin that is important for many functions of the human body. Adequate hydrochloric acid, proteins, and gastric intrinsic factors are needed to break down and absorb dietary or oral supplements of Vitamin B12. Many of us take medications that reduce these acids, and there are many prescribed drugs, disease processes, aging, alcohol consumption, hormonal stresses, pregnancy, and low protein intake that may interfere with Vitamin B12 intake and absorption.
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient your body needs to help:
- Maintain a healthy nervous system
- Manufacture red blood cells
- Replicate DNA
- Metabolize protein, fat, and carbohydrate
- Prevent anemia
- Absorb calcium
- Control homocysteine levels which leads to a decreased risk of stroke, heart disease, osteoporosis, and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Ensure optimal function of the immune system